4.15.2012

Magic Letter

While we were in Hawaii I received a phone call from a friend who had gotten our adoption letter in the mail.  She said that she had a potential birth mom for us to meet.  To make a long story short, when we got back from Hawaii we were able to meet this wonderful girl.  After my visit with her she told me that she felt good about us adopting her baby!  Yes!! Can you believe your eyes?  I can't believe it as I type it.  So far we have met with her 3 times and everything seems to be going smoothly.  The baby is due in September and she has been told it's a boy!  DC will have a brother!  We are excited, yet cautious.  Although we have been told its a done deal you never really can say that until papers are signed and that can't happen until after he is born.  But for now we are happy as we can be!  I am so grateful for these these wonderful women, without them I wouldn't be a mom.  More to come as it happens.....

Don't mention it on facebook, I don't want to put it in facebook land yet.

(Oh and BTW the this is a different birth mom than the one I mentioned in a previous post.  That sweet girl lost her baby a month ago.)

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I hope everything works out and you guys are able to add him to your cute little family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! When your happy that makes the rest of us happy. Congratulations. -Hugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing Laura! What a way to start my week: with amazing news! I understand nothing is final, but I am sooo happy that you are so patient with everything the Lord had given you! I am very lucky to call you my friend! I hope that the months to come go smoothly! I think Declan would be the perfect older brother! Keep us posted please! Love you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura,
    That's wonderful news, I couldn't be happier for you. We'll keep you in our prayers!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes my heart swell. Sorry to hear about the loss of the other baby. That is hard on all.

    You are an amazing mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is fantastic news Laura! I am so excited for you and your family. You have been blessed with such a sweet little boy and imagine the blessings and joy that another little one will add! Love you and good luck with everything! You are always in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so good to listen to me go on and on and never fill me in on your life. I am a bad friend! I'm so excited for you guys. I wish I was there to give you all of our clothes. But I guess you probably already have tons from DC. :) I love you guys and am so happy for you. Your kids will be all grown when I see them next. I wish I was in Hawaii swimming with the dolphins. That looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete