Now remember I married Mr. Practicality. After much thought and a look at our finances we decided that we didn't want such a huge car payment. We could afford it, but then things like vacations, eating out, and fun money would take a hit. It wasn't worth it to sacrafice those things just to maintain my SUV status.
So in our quest to remain practical we were given a great steal on the new (to us) car we eneded up with. It's less than half the price of the Mazda and newer. It isn't what I was hoping for but I am getting happier about it as time goes on...
On one hand I don't know if I'm ready for a mini van, we have one kid for heavens sake. I also have been an SUV/truck girl since I was 17 and so this will be quite the change. I liked having all wheel drive, ground clearance, and a V8. I also don't know if I am ready for the mini van mom label, you can't get away with the same things. In my Jeep I can turn the music up loud and sing at the top of my lungs and no one really pays any attention. Now in my van, I don't think I can do the same. When is the last time you rolled up to a stop light and saw a mom in a van with something like Jay Z cranked on the radio and didn't laugh your guts out?! Know what I mean?
However, on the other hand mini vans are great. Here is a list of why this is the best car for our family:
- Great gas mileage
- Seats 7, load it up with friends, it's easy!
- Can fit all 3 of our dogs
- Easy to get the baby seat in and out of
- No more dinging doors in parking lots, those slider doors are great
- Comfortable to drive
- Affordable payment
- Cops don't pull mini vans over as much
- You can easily get from the front to the back in a flash
- When the seats are folded down it holds nearly as much as a truck
- And many many more reasons.